Yesterday I ran the Vancouver First Half with Nikki, Hilary, & Krista in downtown Vancouver
- A well known race in the Vancouver running community, only 1919 runners finished
- Mostly flat course, mostly along the seawall around Stanley Park
- Mostly pavement with some crushed gravel trail (maybe 1-2 kms)
- Much more of a competitive group of runners than most local races
- One of my fave races to run!
- Nikki and Krista both PR’d! Hilary ran her FIRST half way speedier than we ever imagined – 1:50:23!!
- Personally, my race was not great. I started strong, and dealt with some terrible side stitches during the last 6-7kms, and really badly from 18kms on.
- I struggled with fueling with this being my first longer race on Whole30.
- I did PR, by 30 seconds, but I did not achieve my goal time going into the race.
- I am currently contemplating another half for redemption.
- Full recap to come with lots of pictures, and lots of love to my amazing speedy PR’ing friends!
My Official Stats : 1:46:59 – 206/1063 females, 30/115 females 25-29, 604th overall out of 1919 finishers!
Full recap to come!