Ok, we’ve only got 2 more sleeps until we close out the trail running season with the running party of the year! I’ve compiled a point form list of everything you need to know/bring/do:
- UGLY SWEATER! You need one of these. If you can’t find one that’s festive enough, or ugly enough, pro tip : use an old sweater, or a cheapie from V V Boutique, and go to the dollar store, and add actual decorations to the sweater. You don’t even need to be crafty to literally hang ornaments off yourself!
- $20 Cash. This is your admission fee!! You will receive with this you run, a fun Christmas themed marked course, refreshments, a souvenir, some samples, and TONS of potential to win prizing! **kids under 5 are free **
- Christmas Baking – totally optional, but there is a competition, and all you need to do is bring your baking to enter. Participants will vote, and the winning baked goods will receive an entry to a 5 Peaks race of their choice for 2014 (or Yeti race!)
- Outerwear for the Homeless. We are collecting jackets, coats, scarves, toques, gloves, etc – anything warm that you’d like to donate.
- Your friends, family, co-workers! This is an event for one and all! You can come ANYTIME between 8-12, and run or walk, as many or as few laps as you want. 1 loop is approximately 4K.
- If you’re driving, you’re parking at the lot at the very end of Lilloet Road with all the speedbumps. If you are taking transit, you are going to End of the Line Cafe (Lynn Valley Road & Dempsey) and walking 1K to the Learning Lodge/Gazebo.
- Warm change of clothes – Bring a jacket at the very minimum, but it’s always handy to have some dry clothes so that you have the option of hanging around, socializing and not freezing your buns off.
- Your Holiday Cheer! I’m so excited to see new and old friends, and provide an opportunity that allows everyone to be involved, be social, be a part of the amazing trail running community that we have here in Vancouver.
- Your Smile! The one and only amazing photographer for 5 Peaks in BC, Rob Shaer is going to be at the event on Saturday, and capturing our ugliness in photos! YES!
- By the way, for those wondering, the course has been set, and we’re part on the closed Seymour Valley Trailway road before going into the Circuit 8 trail for some nice rocky rooty muddy fun!
- Last but not least….I cannot stress this enough – I am GIVING AWAY one Season’s Pass for ALL 5 of the 5 Peaks 2014 races. You MUST be registered for a Season’s Pass to be in the draw. ALL registered runners who attend Saturday’s run will be entered in the draw. This prize is worth over $200, and the odds are VERY GOOD to win! If you plan on running 3 or more of the races for next year, the best value is to purchase your pass now, plus you receive one of the 500 limited custom 5 Peaks 2014 tech shirts. Registration is happening now here!
Hope to see everyone out there on Saturday!