Normally, I hate Mondays, it’s hard to get the brain back into “office mode” after a weekend outside and on the trails.
But today, the sun is shining, and I have lots of good news.
1) I won my Dietbet that I did last month as a kickstarter back into healthy habits and to get down to a more comfortable weight. I won $53.88!! I bet $30, and won that back, along with $23.88. A solid payout if you ask me. And, the best part, obviously, is that I’m down ~7 lbs, and back in the 160′s. Celebrate!
2) Nikki and I’s Dietbet that is starting TOMORROW has 37 players so far! It’s not too late to join yourself, or send to friends or family as a good motivator for April. Like I said in my latest weight talk post, it’s easier to lose weight when you have a deadline, supporters, and a reward at the end – hello, winning money for losing weight? Count me in!
3) I ran 34 trail kms this weekend, and with the exception of the last ~5kms on a more gravel road type trail, my foot was basically pain free. Saturday was completely devoid of pain, during and after the run, which is a huge improvement, and I am so excited to see progress! Sunday was not as good, but, I have to pull back the reins, and not get ahead of myself on my journey to healing. It’s always hard to not jump into things full bore, but it is for the best to calm down and move cautiously.
4) Saw Blue Man Group last night, and they were absolutely AMAZING! I loved the show, and would see them again anytime, in a heartbeat! The best way I can explain the show, was that it was a perma-grin the entire 2 hours they performed. Highly recommend!
5) Ladies of the Trails is tonight, and is always a good time on the trails with some really special women! Don’t know what I’m talking about – deets of the group can be found here.
That’s all for today, I’ll leave you with a gorgeous shot from my soggy Sunday run out at Buntzen Lake :